We all know that for every village, there is an idiot. Well, we have several, henceforth known as V.I.'s. This message is for all of you who choose to complain about EVERYTHING, to look for the bad in EVERYTHING, to use opportunistic moments for self aggrandizement. You know who you are, I know who you are, and the rest of the village is either on to you or catching on fast.
Beyond that, this is for all of you who stand up to the V.I.'s and see them for what they are. For the teenager who very politely but very pointedly put one of the primary V.I.'s in her place. For the grandmother who slapped a little sense into the V.I. who was blowing smoke out her behind. For the people who stand their ground in the face of blustering blowhards.
Welcome to my little corner of Paradise. Welcome to my ilk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
In case anyone else is feeling like an idiot (non village).
Ag*gran"dize*ment\, n. The act of aggrandizing, or the state of being aggrandized or exalted in power, rank, honor, or wealth; exaltation; enlargement;
:-)
Post a Comment