Got a call a little bit ago from the captain of the medics who answered the 9-1-1 last week. He said they usually don't make follow-up contact, but some of his crew were "deeply affected" by what happened to XXX and they wanted to invite us to dinner at the station. (I had already told XXX we would be visiting because one of them had requested it while we were still in the ER.) He also asked if we had ever been given a medical reason for what happened and I took the opportunity to educate about the "91" BG reading they got and how it wasn't really a good number. He was very interested in that, and I reinforced it by telling him that XXX went low again in the ER. I am so touched that he got in contact with us and I am happy to use this opportunity to educate and perhaps dispel some mistaken notions. He also told me that they don't often (never in his 20+ years with the county) have a good outcome from "something this close." That part was chilling.
I have to admit that the other day when I was driving home from the grocery, I heard sirens and saw the engine speeding past. It slowed down briefy at the entrance to my neighborhood and I completely broke down. I guess I'm not back to a good place yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment